General questions regarding Lyoness
1.1. What is Lyoness?
1.2. How big is Lyoness?
1.3. Can I compare Lyoness with a Franchise?
1.4. How many countries is Lyoness currently active in?
1.5. How many Members and employees does Lyoness have?
1.6. Are there any certifications for internationally recognised standards?
1.7. Did all the Regional Offices and service companies receive the ISO certification?
1.8. What does the IQNet certificate mean in accordance with international guidelines?
1.9. Will Lyoness also expand in the future?
2.1. What does Lyoness offer Members and Loyalty Merchants?
2.2. What are the Lyoness Member Benefits?
2.3. How can I profit from my purchases with Lyoness?
2.4. What is the Friendship Bonus?
3.1. How can I register to join Lyoness?
3.2. How can I login to the Lyoness website?
3.3. Are there any costs in relation to the Lyoness Membership?
The Member Agreement includes the following services which are free of charge for the Member:
- Lyoness Cashback Card (Blue/Gold)
- Personal Online Office
- SMS service
- Email service
- Lyoness Service Centre
3.4. What benefits do I receive for shopping with Lyoness, and what is the difference between Lyoness and the competition?
3.5. With which companies can Members take advantage of the Lyoness Benefits?
3.6. Do you still get your Member Benefits if you buy something from a Loyalty Merchant abroad?
3.7. Is there a minimum age to join Lyoness?
3.8. How can I recommend Lyoness to friends?
There are three different ways to register new Members:
1) Online registration: The Recommender must login to their Online Office on the Lyoness website using their personal login details and click on "My Lyoness" – "Recommend Lyoness" – "Register Member Online". This will open a digital registration form that they need to complete together with the new Member. At the end of the registration, they will be required to enter their personal four digit PIN code
Important: The Recommender is always responsible for the cost of the registration so it is only possible to do an Online Registration if the Recommender has at least AUD 1.50 in his/her Lyoness Purchase Account.
2) Friendship Flyer: Members have the option to register new Members in writing using the Friendship Flyer. This can be ordered from the Lyoness Online Store or from the Regional Office. They are sold in packs of 5, which costs AUD 15.00, AUD 3.00 each). Friendship Flyers are made up of a Member folder, general information regarding Lyoness, and the non-personalised Blue Cashback Card, which the Member can complete with his/her name to enable them to enjoy the benefits of the Lyoness Shopping World immediately.
3) Online Flyer Registration: Register a new Member with a Friendship Flyer and then enter the registration data into an Online Registration Flyer directly in your personal Online Office. The advantage: The potential new Member does not have to wait for the respective Regional Office to enter his registration, which means he can take immediate advantage of the Lyoness Benefits. In addition, the new Member can take advantage of the Lyoness Shopping Benefits straight away with the Cashback Card (light blue) from the Friendship Flyer.
There are two possibilities to order:
a) Order them personally from the Lyoness Online Shop (Lyoness Store) or
b) Purchase them directly from your local Lyoness Regional Office
Important: Registration is always free of charge for new Members. The registration fees – AUD 1.50 per online registration and AUD 3.00 per Friendship Flyer – will always be charged to the Recommender.
3.9. How can I order Flyers?
4.1. How often do Members receive money transfers into their bank account?
5.1. What types of shopping are available to receive the Lyoness Benefits?
- Via Cashback Card with all Loyalty Merchants that have a Lyoness Terminal
- Via Mobile Vouchers (Mobile Cashback)
- Via Loyalty Merchant Vouchers
- Via Online Shopping with all Online Loyalty Merchants
5.2. Do I still receive Lyoness Benefits if I pay using a credit card?
5.3. How can I order Vouchers/Gift Cards?
If a Member purchases Vouchers/Gift Cards online, the money will be taken directly from their Purchase Account. That means that the Member will need to have the necessary funds in their Purchase Account before they place the order. When transferring payments, the Member must provide their Member ID and initials as the payment reference to enable us to allocate the bank transfer to their Lyoness Purchase Account!
Of course the Members can also purchase Vouchers/Gift Cards from the Lyoness Regional Office during their Office opening hours.
Members can also purchase Vouchers/Gift Cards from Voucher Selling Points. A list of all our Voucher Selling Points can be found on the Lyoness website.
6.1. How does a Member receive their Lyoness Cashback Card?
6.2. What data is saved on the Lyoness Cashback Card?
6.3. Can I pay using my Lyoness Cashback Card?
6.4. Does the Cashback Card have an expiry date?
7.1. What differentiates Lyoness Online Shopping from other internet shopping portals?
7.2. How do I receive money back whilst shopping online?
Important: Your online purchase can only be registered if your browser and any Anti-Spyware or Anti-Virus programme you may have will allow cookies. To see how to set up your cookies, please see point 7.14.
7.3. What do I need to check when Online Shopping to ensure I receive my Lyoness Member Benefits?
7.4. How does Lyoness Online Shopping work?
Accepted cookies ensure that the purchase you make through Lyoness is recognised and registered as a purchase from a Lyoness Member and that it can be allocated to your Shopping Overview. As soon as you have logged into Lyoness and clicked on a Loyalty Merchant and a new browser window opens to take you to their website a cookie is saved on your computer. When you have completed your online order - once you get to the confirmation screen - the online shop will check the information saved in the cookie (e.g. your Lyoness Member ID, purchase amount, order number, order date, etc.). Your purchase can then be tracked by Lyoness and the resulting Member Benefit can then be allocated to you.
If a cookie cannot be saved on your computer due to your browser settings or security and / or Spyware tools (such as "Ad-Aware" or "Kaspersky") or if the cookie was deleted during the order process (if you clicked on another website during the process e.g. saved new cookies) then Lyoness cannot track your purchase. That will mean that your purchase will not be created in your Shopping Overview.
7.5. Why is it so important to login to the Lyoness website every time before I shop online?
7.6. Will I still receive my Member Benefit if I go to the Online Shop without going through the Lyoness website?
7.7. Why does my Login not work?
Your browser should also not use any Ad- or Scriptblocker whilst you are shopping online. You therefore also need to check your Anti-spyware and Anti-virus programmes as these can also block cookies.
7.8. Why is it that some Online Shops are listed in some countries but not in mine?
7.9. Will I still receive my Member Benefits if I shop with a Loyalty Merchant that is not listed in my country?
Important: Such purchases are made at the Member's own risk. It is not possible to receive payment of Member Benefits for purchases which were made with Loyalty Merchants that are not listed in the Member's own country. We therefore recommend that you only shop with Online Shops that are listed for your country.
7.10. Why are the Online Shops of some Loyalty Merchants not available in my local language?
7.11. Are there any special exceptions when shopping online?
For more information, please see questions 7.12 and 7.13 of the FAQs.
Please also take note of the following exceptions when shopping online：
- The Loyalty Merchants can’t guarantee a discount on certain products or product categories. You can find advice and information about this in the Loyalty Merchant Details on the Lyoness website.
- If you click on a link/banner/etc. on the Lyoness Online Loyalty Merchant website which takes you to another website (resulting in a new window or tab in your browser with a new URL) it can break the connection to Lyoness. If you make a purchase from the linked website, the Loyalty Merchant is not obliged to give you a Member Benefit for the purchase.
- To ensure that your Lyoness Benefits can be allocated to you when you shop online, please choose the stores for your country from the list of international Online Stores. The Loyalty Merchants are free to choose in which countries they have cooperation with Lyoness. For more information, please see questions 7.8 and 7.9 of the FAQs.
7.12. What are Voucher Codes?
7.13. What do I need to do to redeem the Voucher Codes when I am shopping online?
Note: The use of “external” Voucher Codes, such as offers through a Loyalty Merchant’s Newsletters – can lead to a loss of connection to Lyoness. The purchase cannot be assigned to your Member ID in this way. In addition, the Loyalty Merchant is not obligated to pay out any Member Benefits that may result from a purchase made with such a Voucher Code.
7.14. How can I enable internet cookies?
Internet Explorer 9:
- Click on the gear icon “Tools” in the top right corner (or on the “Tools” menu on the menu bar).
- Choose “Internet Options”.
- Then click on the “Privacy” tab. Move the bar to “Medium” or lower.
- Click on “OK” to save your options.
Mozilla Firefox 18:
- At the top left of the Firefox window, click on the “Firefox” button (or on “Tools” menu on the menu bar).
- Choose the menu item “Options” (or “Preferences” on Mac).
- Select the “Privacy” panel. Set “Firefox will” to “Use custom settings for history”.
- Tick “Accept cookies from sites” to enable Cookies.
- Make sure that “Accept third party cookies” is also ticked. Click on “OK” to close the Options window.
- Select the “Tools” menu at the top of the browser screen.
- From the drop-down menu choose “Options” (or “Preferences” on Mac).
- When the “Options” box appears, click on the “Privacy” tab.
- From the Cookies section, select “Accept cookies from sites”.
- Click on “OK” to close the Options box.
- Click on the “Opera” button at the left corner (or choose the “Tools” menu on the menu bar).
- Choose “Preferences” in the drop-down menu.
- When the “Preferences” box appears, click on the “Advanced” tab.
- On the left side of the box choose “Cookies”.
- Then select the option “Accept cookies”.
- Click on “OK” to finish and to save your options.
Google Chrome 24:
- Click the Chrome Menu in the browser toolbar.
- Select “Settings”.
- Click “Show Advanced Settings”.
- In the “Privacy” section, click the “Content Settings” button.
- In the “Cookies” section, you can change the cookie settings
- In the “Privacy” section, make sure that “Allow local data to be set” is selected. You also need to deactivate the “Block all third party cookies without exception”.
- Click on the gear icon “Tools” on the far right (or “Tools” menu on the menu bar).
- Choose the menu item “Preferences” from the drop down menu.
- Then select the “Privacy” tab.
- Set “Block Cookies” to “Never”.
7.15. Why does my purchase not show up in my Purchase Overview?
- Your browser or your Anti-Virus programme did not allow cookies.
- Your Lyoness cookie which was saved when you logged into the Lyoness website was deleted, e.g. if you visited another website during the purchase process.
- A technical error may have occurred (e.g. there was an error on the purchase confirmation page).
- You attempted to use Voucher Codes from a foreign source such as a newspaper or other offers from the Loyalty Merchant.
- You may have purchased an item that is excluded from the Member Benefit (for future information regarding this, please see the Loyalty Merchant's details page).
7.16. Why was my purchase cancelled?
7.17. Why does my Purchase show the wrong Member Benefit?
7.18. When will I receive the Member Benefit for my purchase?
7.19. Why is my purchase no longer shown in my local currency?
7.20. How are the Member Benefits calculated for the Online Shopping?
7.21. What can I do if my Purchase is not in my Purchase Overview?
7.22. Who should I contact if I have any questions or complaints?
7.23. How long do I have to submit a complaint?
7.24. What is required for Lyoness to deal with a complaint?
7.25. How long will the complaint process take?
8.1. Where can I view my Member Benefits?
8.2. Why are transfers to my Purchase Account not always available within 24 hours?
9.1. How does a Loyalty Merchant benefit from the shopping community?
9.2. How is the Lyoness shopping network set-up in a country?
10.1. Will my personal data be used for marketing research purposes?
10.2. Why does Lyoness require my bank information?
11.1. How is an Accounting Unit generated?
11.2. What payment methods are available for Voucher/Gift Card Orders and Purchases?
Just like for all other companies, there are two ways to pay for and order Loyalty Merchant Vouchers/Gift Cards through Lyoness:
1) Full Payment for a Voucher/Gift Card Purchase: This means the total order amount is fully paid and the ordered Vouchers/Gift Cards are then sent to the Member by post.
2) Down Payment for a Voucher/Gift Card Order: This means that the order is partially paid for. Once the remaining amount has been received, the ordered Vouchers/Gift Cards will be sent to the Member by post. Thus: Down Payment + Remaining Payment = Voucher/Gift Card value.
A Down Payment for a Voucher/Gift Card Order with Lyoness works on the same principle as with any other company, except that there are additional advantages for the Member.
Advantage 1: A Down Payment for a Voucher/Gift Card Order made with Lyoness will not expire and will always be available to the Member.
Advantage 2: The Member Benefit resulting from a Down Payment for a Voucher/Gift Card Order with Lyoness will be booked as an Accounting Unit in the Accounting Programme, and therefore has the opportunity of generating Loyalty Credit through subsequent purchases. This means an additional shopping budget for the Member’s next shopping trip.
- Example of a Down Payment for Voucher/Gift Card Order WITHOUT Lyoness:
A consumer makes an order for goods of AUD 1,500.00 and would like to purchase e.g. a sofa. He pays 5% – AUD 75.00 and the remaining 95%, namely AUD 1,425.00 will be paid when he collects the sofa. The sofa is therefore fully paid for and belongs to the consumer. If, for whatever reason, the consumer doesn’t collect the sofa, or if he decides he wants to purchase a sofa from another store or another branch, the down payment that he has made will be kept by the retailer where he paid it. For the consumer, this money is therefore lost.
- Example of a Down Payment for Voucher/Gift Card Order WITH Lyoness:
A Down Payment for Voucher/Gift Card Order can also be made with Lyoness. A Down Payment for a Loyalty Merchant Voucher/Gift Card Order represents a binding order. We will stay with the above example: AUD 75.00 for the new sofa. The difference: If the Member later decides that he doesn’t want the sofa, he can change the Down Payment for Voucher/Gift Card Order for a different product or service – with a completely different Loyalty Merchant when he makes the remaining payment. A Down Payment for Voucher/Gift Card Order made with Lyoness therefore remains valid.
If the Member sticks to his original purchase choice, then everything will proceed as usual. If the Lyoness Merchant offers e.g. 5% Member Benefit, and the Member has made a Down Payment for Voucher/Gift Card Order of AUD 75.00, then the remaining payment will be AUD 1,425.00, the remaining 95%. The Member therefore receives Voucher/Gift Cards for the Loyalty Merchant that he originally chose (Voucher/Gift Card for AUD 1,500.00 = 100%).
- A Down Payment for Voucher/Gift Card Orders can only be made when a Member is making a full payment for a Voucher/Gift Card purchase of AUD 300.00.
- A Down Payment for Voucher/Gift Card Orders can only be made when a Member is making a full payment for a Voucher/Gift Card purchase of AUD 750.00, which represents the Premium Member status order volume.
- A Down Payment for a Voucher/Gift Card Order with Lyoness is not an investment and is also not shopping credit. Lyoness is not a financial institution of any kind, regarding either investments or deposits.
- Making a Down Payment for a Voucher/Gift Card Order does not obligate you to start up a Recommendation business of any kind. Every Member can however, do so if they wish.
- The ordered Vouchers/Gift Cards will only be sent out when the full purchase price (order value) has been paid.
- A Down Payment for a Voucher/Gift Card Order cannot be cancelled or refunded once the legal cancellation deadline has passed, as it triggers a Voucher/Gift Card order between Lyoness and the relevant Loyalty Merchant.
If you wish to check to ensure that you have understood everything regarding a Down Payment for a Voucher/Gift Card Order, there are numerous informative videos available on the Lyoness website (as well as at www.lyoness.tv), which describe the purchases with Lyoness as well as the different options for paying for orders.
11.3. What is Re-Cash?
11.4. What is a Premium Member?
Members with a high volume of purchases or orders (top shoppers), usually also a Lyoness Loyalty Merchant, are referred to as Premium Members. Premium Members also have extra service support with the Lyoness Loyalty Programme (Gold Cashback Card, Business Tools etc.).
A Member will become a Premium Member, based on the following order volume and fulfilment of the following requirements:
- Booked and fully paid purchases using either the Cashback Card, Mobile Voucher (Mobile Cashback), Vouchers/Gift Cards or Online Shopping amounting to an accumulated sum of AUD 30,000.00 or more within one year.
- A combination of booked and fully paid Voucher/Gift Card Purchases with the Cashback Card, Mobile Vouchers (Mobile Cashback), Vouchers/Gift Cards and Online Shopping of, for example AUD15,000.00 and booked Down Payments for Voucher/Gift Card Order of AUD1,500.
- A booked Down Payment for Voucher/Gift Card Order of AUD3,000.00.
A Down Payment for a Voucher/Gift Card Order can only be made at the same time as a fully paid order is made. Furthermore, a Down Payment for a Voucher/Gift Card Order can only be accepted if the corresponding Information Check List has been completed and signed. This confirms that the nature of a Down Payment for a Voucher/Gift Card Order is understood.
11.5. Can a Premium Member also receive their Friendship Bonus and Cashback Benefit?
12.1. What is the Lyoness Child & Family Foundation?
12.2. How is the Lyoness Child & Family Foundation financed?
12.3. How can I support the Lyoness Child & Family Foundation?
13.1. What is the Lyoness Greenfinity Foundation?
13.2. How is the Lyoness Greenfinity Foundation financed?
13.3. What is the Ecological Footprint?
During the Austrian Golf Tournament ‟Lyoness Open,” the Greenfinity Foundation calculated the ecological footprint of the sport event for the first time, in cooperation with the European Tour and the Golf Environment Organisation (GEO). The goal is to make the footprint smaller by improving the ecological sustainability of the Lyoness Open. In addition to this, Lyoness Greenfinity offers you the option of calculating your own personal footprint with the footprint calculator on the website (My Footprint). More information at www.lyoness-GFF.org.
14.1. What is the Lyoness Cashback Bar?
14.2. How can I install the Lyoness Cashback Bar and what are the technical requirements?
The browser should be set to accept cookies, to enable you to shop online with Lyoness. Likewise, some programmes such as anti-spyware, antivirus programmes, pop-up blockers, ad-blockers and firewalls can also affect the functionality of the Cashback Bar.
14.3. What are the costs to install and use the Lyoness Cashback Bar?
14.4. What are the advantages of the Lyoness Cashback Bar?
14.5. Can the Lyoness Cashback Bar be used by more than one Member on one device?
14.6. Are there any possible security problems that could occur during the installation of the Lyoness Cashback Bar?
14.7. How long am I logged into the Cashback Bar?
14.8. How can I uninstall the Lyoness Cashback Bar?
Chrome: To deactivate the Cashback Bar, click on the Lyoness symbol, then click on "Edit" and click on the "Active" box for "Lyoness Cashback" to remove the tick. To delete the Lyoness Cashback Bar, right click on the Lyoness symbol and click on "Delete from Chrome".
Safari: To deactivate the Lyoness Cashback Bar, click on "Settings" and move to the "Additional Settings" tab. Deactivate the "Activate Lyoness" box. To delete the Lyoness Cashback Bar, click on "Settings", "Advanced Settings" and then click on the "Uninstall" button.
Firefox: To deactivate the Lyoness Cashback Bar, click on "Extras", "Add-Ons", choose "Lyoness Cashback" and click on "Deactivate". To delete the Lyoness Cashback Bar, click on "Extras", "Add-Ons", choose the "Lyoness Cashback" and in the same window click on "Delete".
Internet Explorer: To deactivate the Lyoness Cashback Bar, go to"Manage Add Ons" and find the Lyoness Cashback Bar in your list of installed add-ons. Choose "Deactivate" in the settings. To delete the Lyoness Cashback Bar, use the "Add/Delete Programme" programme.
14.9. Who can I ask if I have any questions or suggestions for improvements for the Lyoness Cashback Bar?