General questions regarding Lyoness
1.1. What is Lyoness?
1.2. How big is Lyoness?
1.3. Can I compare Lyoness with a Franchise?
1.4. How many countries is Lyoness currently active in?
1.5. How many Members and employees does Lyoness have?
1.6. Are there any certifications for internationally recognized standards?
1.7. Will Lyoness expand in the future?
2.1. What does Lyoness offer Members and Loyalty Merchants?
2.2. What are the Lyoness Member Benefits?
2.3. How can I shop with Lyoness?
2.4. What is the Friendship Bonus?
3.1. How can I register to join Lyoness?
3.2. How can I log into the Lyoness website?
3.3. Are there any costs related to the Lyoness Membership?
The Membership Agreement includes the following services that are also free-of-charge to the Member:
- Lyoness Cashback Card (Blue/Gold)
- Personal Online Office
- SMS service
- Email service
- Lyoness Service Center
3.4. Do you still get your Member Benefits if you make a purchase from a Loyalty Merchant abroad?
3.5. Is there a minimum age requirement to join Lyoness?
3.6. How can I refer Lyoness to friends?
There are three ways to register new Members:
1) Online registration: The Referrer must log into their Online Office from the Lyoness website using their personal login details and click on "My Lyoness" then "Refer Lyoness", and finally "Register Member Online." A digital registration form will open and the new Member and Referrer will need to complete it together. At the end of the registration, the new Member is required to select and enter a four-digit PIN code. Important: The Referrer is responsible for covering the registration cost; as such, it is only possible to submit a completed form if the Referrer has at least $1.50 (for online registration) in his Lyoness Purchase Account.
2) Friendship Flyer: Members also have the option to register new Members via the Friendship Flyer. Members can order these Flyers from the Lyoness Online Store or directly from the Regional Office. Friendship Flyers are sold in packs of five (5), at a cost of $15.00. Friendship Flyers contain the Member folder, Lyoness general information, General Terms and Conditions, Gift Card Order Form and the non-personalized Blue Cashback Card. The new Member fills in the required information so they can enjoy the benefits of the Lyoness Shopping network immediately.
3) Online Flyer Registration: Register a new Member with a Friendship Flyer and then enter the registration data into an Online Registration Flyer directly in your personal Lyoness online office. The benefit: The potential new Member does not have to wait for the respective Regional Lyoness office to enter their registration. They can take immediate advantage of the Lyoness Benefits. Additionally, the new Member can take advantage of the Lyoness Shopping Benefits immediately with the Cashback Card (light blue) from the Friendship Flyer.
There are two ways to order Friendship Flyers:
a) Order them from the Lyoness Online Shop (Lyoness Store) or,
b) Purchase them directly from your local Lyoness Regional Office
Important Information: Registration is always free-of-charge for new Members. The Referrer is responsible for paying the $1.50 online registration fee or $3.00 Friendship Flyer fee.
3.7 How can I order Friendship Flyers?
4.1. How often do Members receive money transfers into their bank accounts?
5.1. How many types of shopping are available in order to receive Lyoness Benefits?
- Via Cashback Card with all Loyalty Merchants that have a Lyoness Terminal
- Via Mobile Vouchers (Mobile Cashback)
- Via Loyalty Merchant Gift Cards
- Via Online Shopping with all Online Loyalty Merchants
5.2. Do I still receive Lyoness Benefits if I pay using a credit card?
5.3. How can I order Gift Cards?
Of course, the Members can also purchase Gift Cards from their local Lyoness Regional Office during the respective office business operating hours.
Members also can purchase Gift Cards from Gift Card Points of Sale. A list of all the Lyoness Gift Card Points of Sale can be accessed on the Lyoness website.
6.1. How does a Member receive their Lyoness Cashback Card?
6.2. What personal data is stored on the Lyoness Cashback Card?
6.3. Can I pay using my Lyoness Cashback Card?
6.4. Does the Cashback Card have an expiration date?
7.1. What differentiates Lyoness Online Shopping from other internet shopping portals?
7.2. How do I receive money back from shopping online?
Important: Your online purchase can only be registered if your browser and any Anti-Spyware or Anti-Virus program (if you have such programs) allow cookies. To see how to set up your cookies, please see section 7.14.
7.3. What do I need to check in my computer for Online Shopping to ensure I receive my Lyoness Member Benefits?
7.4. How does Lyoness Online Shopping work?
Accepted cookies ensure that your purchase(s) is/are recognized and registered as a purchase from a Lyoness Member, and that they will be allocated to your Shopping Overview. Every time you login to your Lyoness Online Office and click on a Loyalty Merchant, a new browser window opens which takes you to the Loyalty Merchant's website. At this point, a cookie is saved on your computer. When you have completed your online order – (once you get to the confirmation screen) – the online shop will check the information saved in the cookie (e.g. your Lyoness Member ID, purchase amount, order number, order date, etc.). Lyoness can then track your purchase and the resulting Member Benefit will be allocated to you.
If a cookie cannot be saved on your computer due to your browser settings, or security and/or Spyware tools (such as "Ad-Aware" or "Kaspersky"), or if the cookie was deleted during the order process (if you clicked on another website during the process [i.e. saved new cookies]), used a coupon code from another site or directly from a merchant's email then Lyoness cannot track your purchase. This would prohibit your purchase from being created in your Shopping Overview. It's important to only use coupon codes that are offered on the Lyoness site.
7.5. Why is it so important to login to the Lyoness website every time before I shop online?
7.6. Will I still receive my Member Benefit if I go to the Online Shop without going through the Lyoness website?
7.7. Why does my Login not work?
Your browser should not use an Ad or Scriptblocker while you are shopping online. You also need to check your Anti-spyware and Anti-virus program(s) to ensure either or both program(s) are not blocking cookies.
7.8. Why is it that some Online Stores are listed in some countries but not in mine?
7.9. Will I still receive my Member Benefits if I shop with a Loyalty Merchant that is not listed in my country?
Important: Such purchases are made at the Member's own risk. It is not possible to receive payment of Member Benefits for purchases which were made with Loyalty Merchants that are not listed in the Member's own country. We therefore recommend that you only shop with Online Shops that are listed for your country.
7.10. Why are the Online Shops of some Loyalty Merchants not available in my local language?
7.11. Are there any special exceptions when shopping online?
For more information, please see questions 7.12 and 7.13 in the FAQs.
Please take note of the following exceptions when shopping online:
- The Loyalty Merchants cannot guarantee discounts on certain products/product categories. You can find information concerning this in the Loyalty Merchant Details page on the Lyoness website.
- If you click on a link or banner in the Lyoness Online Loyalty Merchant website, it will take you to another website. This will result in a new window or tab, on your browser with a new URL. It can break the connection to Lyoness. If you make a purchase from the linked website, the Loyalty Merchant is not obliged to give you a Member Benefit for the purchase.
- In order to guarantee your Lyoness Benefits can be administered to you; when shopping online, please choose the international Online Stores listed in your country. The Loyalty Merchants are free to choose the countries Lyoness has a service/alliance with. For more information, please see questions 7.8 and 7.9 of the FAQs.
7.12. What are Voucher Codes?
7.13. What do I need to do to redeem the Voucher Codes when I am shopping online?
Note: The use of “external” Voucher Codes, such as offers through a Loyalty Merchant’s Newsletters – can lead to a loss of connection to Lyoness. The purchase cannot be assigned to your Member ID in this way. In addition, the Loyalty Merchant is not obligated to pay out any Member Benefits that may result from a purchase made with such a Voucher Code.
7.14. How can I enable internet cookies?
Internet Explorer 9:
- Click on the gear icon "Tools" in the top right corner (or on the "Tools" menu on the menu bar).
- Choose "Internet Options."
- Then click on the "Privacy" tab. Move the bar (settings) to "Medium" or lower.
- Click on "OK" to save your options.
Mozilla Firefox 18:
- At the top left of the Firefox window, click on the "Firefox" button (or on "Tools" menu on the menu bar).
- Choose the menu item "Options" (or "Preferences" on Mac).
- Select the "Privacy" panel. Set "Firefox will" to "Use custom settings for history."
- Check "Accept cookies from sites" to enable Cookies.
- Make sure that "Accept third party cookies" is also checked. Click on "OK" to close the Options window.
- Select the "Tools" menu at the top of the browser screen.
- From the drop-down menu, choose "Options" (or "Preferences" on Mac).
- When the "Options" box appears, click on the "Privacy" tab.
- From the Cookies section, select "Accept cookies from sites."
- Click on "OK" to close the Options box.
- Click on the "Opera" button at the left corner (or choose the "Tools" menu on the menu bar).
- Choose "Preferences" in the drop-down menu.
- When the "Preferences" box appears, click on the "Advanced" tab.
- On the left side of the box, choose "Cookies."
- Then select the option "Accept cookies."
- Click on "OK" to finish and to save your options.
Google Chrome 24:
- Click the Chrome Menu in the browser toolbar.
- Select "Settings"
- Click "Show Advanced Settings"
- In the "Privacy" section, click the "Content Settings" button
- In the "Cookies" section, you can change the cookie settings
- In the "Privacy" section, make sure that "Allow local data to be set" is selected. You also need to deactivate the "Block all third party cookies without exception".
- Click on the gear icon "Tools" on the far right (or "Tools" menu on the menu bar).
- Choose the menu item "Preferences" from the drop down menu.
- Then select the "Privacy" tab.
- Set "Block Cookies" to "Never".
7.15.Why does my purchase not show up in my Purchase Overview?
- Your browser or your Anti-Virus program blocked cookies.
- Your Lyoness cookie which was saved when you logged into the Lyoness website was deleted (i.e. if you visited another website during the purchase process).
- A technical error may have occurred (i.e. there was an error on the purchase confirmation page).
- You attempted to use Voucher Codes from an external source such as a newspaper or other offers from the Loyalty Merchant.
- You may have purchased an item that is excluded from the Member Benefit (for future information regarding this, please see the Loyalty Merchant's details page).
7.16. Why was my purchase cancelled?
7.17. Why does my Purchase show the wrong Member Benefit?
7.18. When will I receive the Member Benefit for my purchase?
7.19. Why is my purchase no longer shown in my local currency?
7.20. How are the Member Benefits calculated for the Online Shopping?
7.21. What can I do if my Purchase is not in my Purchase Overview?
7.22. Who should I contact if I have any questions or complaints?
Important: Lyoness is responsible for the calculation of your Member Benefits, NOT the Loyalty Merchant.
7.23. How long do I have to submit a complaint?
7.24. What is required for Lyoness to deal with a complaint?
7.25. How long will the complaint process take?
8.1. Where can I view my Member Benefits?
8.2. Why are transfers to my Purchase Account not always available within 24 hours?
9.1. How does a Loyalty Merchant benefit from the shopping community?
9.2. How is the Lyoness shopping network set-up in a country?
10.1. Why does Lyoness require my bank information?
11.1. How is an Accounting Unit generated?
11.2. What payment methods are available for Gift Card orders and purchases?
Similar to all other companies, there are two (2) ways to pay for, and order Loyalty Merchant Gift Cards through Lyoness:
1) Full Payment for a Gift Card Purchase: This means the Gift Card l order amount is paid in full and the Gift Cards are sent to the Member by carrier
2) Partial Payment for a Gift Card order: This means that the Gift Card order is partially paid for. After the Remaining Balance payment has been paid, the ordered Gift Cards will be sent to the Member by carrier. Thus, Partial Payment + Remaining Balance payment = Gift Card value.
A Partial Payment for a Gift Card order with Lyoness creates additional benefits for the Member.
Additional Benefit 1: A Partial Payment for a Gift Card order is always available to the Member and has no expiration date.
Additional Benefit 2: The Member Benefit resulting from a Partial Payment for a Gift Card order will be booked as an Accounting Unit in the Lyoness Loyalty Program. Therefore, it can possibly generate Loyalty Credit through subsequent purchases, which means an increased shopping budget for the Member’s next purchase.
- Example of a Partial Payment for a Gift Card order WITHOUT Lyoness:
A consumer would like to purchase a sofa for $625.00. They first pay 8% down payment ($50.00), and pays the remaining 92% balance, ($575.00) when they pick up the sofa, therefore, the sofa is now paid in full, and belongs to the consumer. If, for whatever reason, the consumer does not want to purchase the sofa, the retailer will not refund the down payment/credit and the consumer must accept the credit that he has accumulated and select other merchandise from said Merchant or lose his down payment.
- Example of a Partial Payment for a Gift Card order WITH Lyoness:
A Partial Payment for a Gift Card order is a binding order. The difference between the previous example and this example is that if the Member later decides not to purchase the Gift Card, they can change the Partial Payment to order a Gift Card for another product or service with a different Loyalty Merchant when they make the Remaining Balance payment. Therefore, the original Partial Payment for a Gift Card order remains valid.
If the Member continues with its original purchase selection, the transaction remains the same.. If the Loyalty Merchant offers, for example, an 8% Member Benefit, and the Member has made a Partial Payment for a Gift Card Order of $75.00, then the Remaining Payment will be $675.00, or 92%. Thus, the Member receives Gift Cards from the Loyalty Merchant originally selected (Gift Card for $750.00 = 100%).
- Partial Payments for Gift Card orders of up to $1500 are accepted only if a Member makes a full payment for a Gift Card purchase of $300.00 at the same time they make their Partial Payment/ for the Gift Card order.
- Partial Payments for Gift Card orders that represent a value of over $1500 and up to $3000 are accepted only if a Member makes a fully paid Gift Card order for a minimum of $600.00 at the same time.
When placing a Gift Card order (paid in full), the Member can order as many Gift Cards as desired.
Partial payments are non-refundable (subject to applicable State and Federal regulations). They can be recovered in the form of Gift Cards only once the Member has made the necessary Remaining Balance payment to purchase the full amount of the Gift Card. (The amount hinges upon the amount of the partial payment and the percentage rebate negotiated between Lyoness and the respective Loyalty Merchant).
The Member may make a Remaining Balance payment to recover a corresponding portion of the partial payment in the form of a Gift Card in an amount proportional to the full cost of the Gift Card. A member can change the Loyalty Merchant, for whom the partial payment is intended at any time prior to the full purchase of the Gift Card and so, the full partial payment is recovered; however, changing the Loyalty Merchant may affect the amount of the Gift Card and the Remaining Balance payment required to recover the initial partial payment.
Another Example: If a Member makes a $225.00 Gift Card partial payment with a Loyalty Merchant that offers a 10% rebate benefit, the amount of the Remaining Balance payment required to recover that partial payment is $2,025.00. In essence, the Member has made a $225.00 partial payment on a $2,250.00 Gift Card. If a Member makes a $225.00 Gift Card partial payment with a Loyalty Merchant that offers a 3% rebate benefit, for example, the amount of the Remaining Balance payment required to recover that Remaining Balance payment is $7,275.00. In essence, the Member has made a $225.00 partial payment on a $7,500.00 Gift Card.
When making Gift Card purchases of $300.00 or greater, the Member may also place an additional Gift Card order by which making a partial payment of up to $1,500.00. When making Gift Card purchases of $600.00 or greater, the Member may also place an additional Gift Card order by which they are making a partial payment of up to $3,000.00. Partially paid Gift Card orders are only permitted when placed with fully paid Gift Card orders. An "individual" Member (not a business entity) is limited to a maximum of a $3,000.00 partial payment.Important Information:
- A Partial Payment for a Gift Card order is not an investment or a shopping credit. Lyoness is not a financial institution of any kind, therefore there are no investments or deposits of any kind
- Making a Partial Payment for a Gift Card order does not obligate you to initiate a Referral business. However, every Member is welcome to do so if they wish.
- The ordered Gift Cards are sent out only after they are paid in full.
- A Partial Payment for a Gift Card order cannot be cancelled or refunded once the legal cancellation deadline has passed; it triggers an order transaction between Lyoness and that particular Loyalty Merchant.
Please watch the videos on the Lyoness Website; they demonstrate and explain purchasing through the Lyoness network and the different options to pay for Gift Card Order; this will ensure that you have understood everything regarding Partial Payments for Gift Card Orders.
11.3. What is Re-Cash?
11.4. What is a Premium Member?
Members with a high volume of purchases or orders (top shoppers), and frequently Lyoness Loyalty Merchants, are referred to as Premium Members. Premium Members also have extra service support with the Lyoness Loyalty Program (Gold Cashback Card, Business Tools etc.). Based on the following order, volume and fullfilment of the following requirements, a Member becomes a Premium Member when:
- Booked and fully paid purchases using either the Cashback Card, Mobile Voucher (Mobile Cashback), Gift Cards or Online Shopping amount to an accumulated sum of $30,000.00 or more within one year. .
- A combination of booked and fully paid Gift Card purchases with the Cashback Card, Mobile Vouchers (Mobile Cashback), Gift Cards and Online Shopping of, for example $15,000.00, and booked and Partial Payment for Gift Card orders of $1,500.00.
- A booked Partial Payment for Gift Card orders of $3,000.00 along with a fully paid Gift card order of $600.00.
Important: A Partial Payment for a Gift Card order can only be made at the same time as a fully paid Gift Card order is made. Furthermore, a Partial Payment for a Gift Card order can only be accepted if the corresponding Information Check List has been completed and signed. This confirms that the nature of a Partial Payment for a Gift Card order is understood.
11.5. Can Premium Members also receive their Friendship Bonus and Cashback Benefit?
12.1. What is the Lyoness Child & Family Foundation?
12.2. How is the Lyoness Child & Family Foundation funded?
12.3. How can I support the Lyoness Child & Family Foundation?
13.1 What is the Lyoness Greenfinity Foundation?
13.2 How is the Lyoness Greenfinity Foundation funded?
13.3 What is the Ecological Footprint?